Loading some great jobs for you...
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an Information Architect to work at Fidelity in Smithfield, RI
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward bold, passionate individuals with a work environment that furthers diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences can supply to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
We’re looking for designers who are motivated to build compassionate, broad, usable, and elegant experiences that help people achieve their financial goals and feel confident about their future.
This role is part of the User Experience Design chapter, which supports our retail, workplace, institutional, and global business units. This design role will be embedded on an agile squad in our retail (e.g. Fidelity.com or our mobile app) business. Designers in this model work with their squad daily, and report to a UX Chapter Leader. It’s a face-paced environment that allows squads more autonomy than in a command and control organization.
As a member of the User Experience Design team, your work has the potential to improve the lives of over 25 million Fidelity customers. In this role, you be paired with an agile squad delivering experience for Wealth Management customers. You’ll partner with analysts, business strategists, and developers to bring the work to life. By focusing on delighting our customers and helping them feel secure about their financial futures, you have a direct impact on the firm’s revenue.
THE EXPERTISE YOU HAVE
- An undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred, but we would also consider people with a certificate in user experience design. We believe phenomenal designers can come from many different disciplines.
- Demonstrable experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams – not only designers – is strongly preferred.
- Experience at both ends of the design spectrum – high-level strategy to crafting visual design details – is strongly preferred.
- An ability to mentor other designers and work across teams is encouraged.
- A demonstrated ability to design and build digital experiences is strongly preferred. These digital experiences might be personal, for school, or professional. We are particularly interested in people with native mobile or responsive design experience.
- A true passion for design and a desire to do the right thing and produce meaningful work!
- A digital portfolio we can review online is required.
THE SKILLS YOU BRING
- You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in compassion and thoughtfulness
- You show an aptitude and enthusiasm for working in teams, and a willingness to help your team complete tasks outside the realm of design, if necessary
- You have a broad set of design skills, which might include visual and graphic design, information architecture, prototyping, front-end coding, strategic design methods (such as design thinking), user research, or writing
- You can get a little nerdy about at least one of the design skills above
- You understand, or are willing to learn, the principles of Lean UX and how to adapt your process, activities and artifacts to best serve the squad
- You are familiar with the value of design systems and how to use them
- You communicate well, whether on the phone, over video, in writing, or in person
- You enjoy learning, and happily teach others
- You have a powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
- Design brings you joy, and it shows
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER
- Bringing business ideas to life, through sketching, wireframing, prototyping, testing, writing, and coding
- Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers, even if it means pursuing non-design tasks on occasion
- Facilitating and inspiring idea generation techniques with your squad
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...