The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Objective: Directly supervise store clerks. Maintain orderly, clean store environment. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with The Salvation Army policies and applicable laws.
The Salvation Army offers full-time employees a competitive and attractive benefits package, including: excellent medical/dental/vision coverage; prescription coverage; basic life and ADD; 403B, short-term disability; flexible spending account (FSA); 100% employer funded retirement pension and 13 days of paid leave in addition to vacation.
· Schedule clerks to ensure coverage instore at all times scheduled to be open
· Supervise clerks in performance of duties to ensure compliance with directives and guidelines
· Provide training for new personnel
· Bank cash receipts at end of business day. Safeguard cash at all times
· Attend monthly staff meetings for subordinate employees and keep personnel informed of new policies and directives
· Maintain good customer relations as is expected by all staff
· Order merchandise and maintain accurate inventory of goods on hand
· Report safety hazards
· Responsible for the protection of personnel, property, and building
· Support the mission of The Salvation Army
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Experience in retail sales preferred
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and employees
· Ability or apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form
· Ability to problem solve
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers
· Ability to operate cash register
Travel: May be asked to travel for training.
Driving: Must possess a driver’s license from the state of residence. Must be approved and maintain approval through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business. Pass DOT for driving truck.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...