Loading some great jobs for you...
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for assisting in the coordination and performance of daily operations of the Ultrasound Department. They will actively participate in the training of fellow Technologists, budgeting process and security of all necessary supplies. They will assist the Lead CT Tech, and Director of Diagnostic Imaging in the completion of delegated duties. Provides age and developmentally appropriate care to adult and geriatric patients.
Ultrasound Tech will be required to work at our Hinsdale and Chicago locations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Adheres to and ensures compliance with the standards of care, standards of practice, and policies and procedures of RML Specialty Hospital.
2. Trains and assists in the education of fellow Technologist(s).
3. Initiates and completes all ultrasound examinations, producing quality images in accordance with protocols outlines by Radiologist/Cardiologist. Demonstrates appropriate psychosocial interventions based on age and developmental status.
4. Assists with implementation of all policies and procedures.
5. Relays pertinent information (patient history, diagnosis, etc.) to Radiologists clearly stating the impression of the technologist’s findings.
6. Maintains adequate supplies to complete all procedures.
7. Assists physicians with ultrasound guidance procedures. Will properly, clean, sterilize, store and document the cleaning of all necessary probes and equipment.
8. Monitors and maintains all equipment in the Ultrasound Department.
9. Assists in the review of all financial and volume reports on a monthly basis, and reports any area of concern to the Imaging Director.
10. Assists with Joint Commission, IDPH, and IEMA surveys.
11. Assists with all clerical duties daily.
12. Possesses the physical ability for almost constant standing, walking and lifting, moving patients and patient care equipment.
13. Completes all exams on scheduled day of work. Coordinates work schedule with the Lead CT Technologist.
14. Fills out all required paper work, including reporting sheets.
15. Supports the Mission and Vision of RML Specialty Hospital by demonstrating RML's Core Values of Service,Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Stewardship (STAIRS) in all actions. Promotes a positive patient/customer experience by exemplifying the principles of the Language of Caring in all interactions with patients, families and coworkers.
16. Changes status of all exams in Meditech system upon completion and ensures all images are properly identified and visible in PACS.
17. Assists in meetingdepartment goals and objectives for budget, clinical quality, and patient satisfaction. Works with other staff and hospital departments to achieve hospital and departmental goals and objectives. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement in all aspects of operations.
18. Accepts and completes all additional duties that may be assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to follow and give directions and instructions as required.
Must possess good communication skills. Must be team oriented, able to work well with co-workers and contracted staff to achieve department and hospital missions.
Must be able to adjust routine and adapt quickly to changes and interruptions in work flow.
Must be knowledgeable in cross sectional anatomy.
Must be able to work cooperatively with hospital and other staff
Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Knowledge & Experience - Minimum
Extensive knowledge of all Ultrasound modalities.
Able to work well independently.
Must be able to critique own work in relationship to quality and completeness.
3-5 years of hospital experience.
Licenses & Certifications - Preferred
RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) Certification
Hospital environment, including potential to radiation, biohazardous material and infectious diseases.
Sitting, walking, or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours) may be required.
Must be able to physically operate equipment used for the job.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...