Sales Representative II, Spine - Madison, WI
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions - we're a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value - and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives. A Day in the Life
At Medtronic, the Sales Representative II, Spine is responsible for making field sales calls, soliciting orders, selling assigned Medtronic Spinal and Biologics products and representing the company in accordance with its policies and in the assigned territory; for maintaining an awareness of local competitive conditions and for reporting back promptly to the district manager.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Selling implantable devices for specific therapies to physicians, institutions, payors, and other appropriate medical staff
- Maintaining Consignments and Loaner inventory, moving loaner sets between accounts as needed
- Keeping non usage and flight usage for products to a minimum level
- Providing field service and case coverage to customers per their individual needs
- Preparing and submitting field visit reports as required by District Sales Manager
- Maintaining up-to-date customer record books and other records in accordance with District Sales Manager instructions
- Aggressively visiting hospitals and solicit orders from present and prospective customers for the assigned products
- Aggressively seeking new customers and formulate and follow plans for such action as directed by the District Sales Manager.
- Handling customer complaints in accordance with Medtronic Spinal and Biologics policy and advise District Sales Manager and Medtronic Spinal and Biologics promptly of any situation beyond scope of authority
- Recommending the addition of new products and the modification or deletion of present products to the line as appropriate
- Meeting or exceeding sales quota and total company market share in assigned territory
- Staying attentive to competitor's product and merchandizing practices and keep the District Sales Manager informed
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed
- Assisting in the field training of any sales person as requested by the District Sales Manager
- Cooperating with all personnel on the execution of Company programs
- Creating and implementing an annual business plan with quarterly updates
- Submitting reports and provide information as directed
- Adhering to company policies and conduct all business in an ethical manner
- Managing business with Medtronic Spinal and Biologics profitability in mind
- Traveling significantly within assigned territory to cover hospital cases, make account calls, move loaner sets to needed locations and attend meetings, training programs, conventions and trade shows
- Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED AND a minimum of 9 years of sales experience with 7 of those 9 years in medical sales; or
• High School Diploma or GED AND 7 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience plus 2 years of prior clinical or medical sales experience; or
• Associate's Degree AND a minimum of 7 years of sales experience with 5 of those 7 years in medical sales; or
• Associate's Degree AND 5 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience plus 2 years of prior clinical or medical sales experience; or
• Bachelor's Degree AND a minimum of 5 years of sales experience with 3 of those 5 years in medical sales; or
• Bachelor's Degree AND 3 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience plus 2 years of prior clinical or medical sales experience. Nice to Have
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people and personalities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ortho, Spine or O.R. experience About Medtronic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile
• Required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with peers and co-workers
• Regularly required to talk or hear
• Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms
• Regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools , or controls
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision
• Ability to travel
**Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...