Body Shop Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Responsible for performing body and engine repairs on trucks and equipment as assigned in accordance with GATR of Sauk Rapids, Inc. and factory standards. Maintain the highest quality standards of professionalism in serving our customers and identifying their needs.
Body Technician I (Pay Range 12.00 -17.00)
- Disassembles and reassembles fabricated truck and trailer parts.
- Identifies components that need new parts or need to be replaced and places orders as necessary.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Valid state Driver's License.
- May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Heavy Truck Industry.
- Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines, and technical manuals to perform the functions of the job (written and verbal).
- Basic understanding of painting techniques. Ability to operate a spray painter to apply industrial paint finishes on metal products.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Accurate, timely and appropriate scanning (on and off) of all repair orders and/or non-billable repair types by accessing the Karmak System.
- Maintain clean work area.
Body Technician II (Pay Range 16.00-23.00)
- Performs all of the duties of a class I technician.
- Obtain and retain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) according to the Department of Motor Vehicle requirements.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the body technician field.
- Ability to replace panels for semi-tractors with minimal supervision.
- Welding and Air Conditioning Certification.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Must have the capability to access the needed technical information and tooling to satisfactorily complete the job.
- Road testing of vehicles may be required.
Body Technician III (Pay Range 22.00 and up)
- Performs all the duties of a class II technician.
- Airbag Certification.
- Understanding and knowledge of truck air systems.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
SKILLS/ABILITIES (Level I, II, III):
- Attention to detail and quality of workmanship.
- Ability to cooperate, work and communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and customers to achieve common goals.
- Adherence to GATR Policies and Procedures, Safety Guidelines, Environmental Regulations, Equipment Rules, and other applicable regulations.
- Conduct appropriate maintenance and housekeeping while following proper procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Level I, II, III):
- Standing six to eight hours per shift.
- Use of hand and power tools.
- Occasionally lift from floor/carry 50 - 75 pounds at waist level.
- Occasionally lift from floor and place overhead 25 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lift up or pull down overhead up to 60 pounds.
- Occasionally carry with right hand 50 -75 pounds.
- Occasionally carry with left hand 50 75 pounds.
- Frequent stooping, squatting, climbing, bending, walking, crawling, and use of Creeper
- Overtime as approved.
- Scheduled weekend work.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Level I, II, III):
Water, cleaning agents, waxes, noise, vibration, dust, exhaust and paint fumes, hazardous and non-hazardous materials, weather conditions, insects, welding fumes, acids, varying environmental temperatures of hot to cold, operating equipment at night and use of artificial light.
TOOL REQUIREMENTS (Level I, II, III):
Progressive tool inventory in alignment with knowledge, skill, and ability as needed to perform job at prescribed level.
GATR Truck Center issued uniforms maintaining a professional appearance.
Employees may be required to perform duties not listed in Job Description as required by GATR Truck Center business needs.
Loading some great jobs for you...