Have fun, make an impact and whistle while you work!!
Kensington-Evergreen in Fort Madison, IA is looking for a Life Enrichment Assistant. Days are Tuesday through Saturday full time. We are an Agemark Senior Living community and for the second consecutive year, Great Places to Work and FORTUNE have named us #10 in the nation for Aging Services! We are looking for a Life Enrichment Coach. Full time Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, profit sharing bonus, PTO accrued on day one, tuition reimbursement and free meals are what Agemark offers as we value you as an employee and treat you like family! We also subscribe to www.benefithub.com where you can get 20-60% off 100,000 items such as tickets, restaurants, sporting events, and local deals. Work to create an environment you would want for YOUR own loved one! In this position, you'll be responsible for planning and implementing activities to provide gentle direction, reassuring routines, and life-enriching opportunities for residents, using the LifeCycles program curriculum and philosophy.
We're more than a company. We're a family.
We don't just work together - we laugh, eat and learn together as a staff and with our residents! We believe that every day can be a good one, for both employees and residents. Dedicated to this philosophy for more than 30 years, we've learned that the secret to everything - working, celebrating and even getting through the tough stuff - is doing it with love.
By working to create the kind of community we would want for our own loved ones, where warmth, love and respect are abundant, we also create a unique, positive and caring workplace. Feeling valuable, special and loved isn't just a goal for our residents. It's how we want everyone to experience our community.
Life Enrichment Assistant position details:
- Create and post a monthly activity calendar with a schedule of activities for each day.
- Encourage residents to participate in planned activities and use reminiscing techniques to engage individual residents and create 'moments of joy'.
- Maintain appearance of activity areas and program supplies and equipment.
- Promote positive interaction between residents and families, schools, and other community groups.
- Train and supervise other staff to oversee planned activities.
- Orient new staff members regarding activity programs and procedures.
- Assist with families and help create a memory book for each new resident that highlights the resident's family, interests and other pertinent history. Share information with staff.
- Help Director in developing a budget for the activity program; operate within monthly budget to make special purchases with approval.
- Set annual goals and assess quarterly. With Director approval, make improvements based on feedback from family and staff surveys, meetings, etc.
- Work closely with Director and/or Service Coordinator to plan special events and integrate activities with marketing objectives.
- Coordinate transportation and drive the Community vehicle for activities and appointments as needed.
- Organize recognition of resident birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Meet standards as outlined in the Quality Assurance Program.
- Tuesday through Saturday full time
Life Enrichment Assistant knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements:
- Knowledge of the community and surrounding city.
- Proven track record of integrity and ability to recognize improvement opportunities.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, prospective residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Work scheduled hours based on personnel and community needs including possible weekends and evenings.
- Independently adhere and interact with team members at all levels and promote teamwork.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast paced, service oriented, environment.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Come on, join the family!
If you'd like to join a group of passionate, caring people who use our collective experiences to positively impact the lives of our people every day, talk to us! Together, we're working to redefine what senior care should be. Learn more at www.agemark.com, or just click 'Apply Now' to get started. EOE.
Care, serve and love - because there's no other way to take care of family.